Senior External Communications Manager
Centrient Pharmaceuticals is the leading manufacturer of beta-lactam antibiotics, and a provider of next generation statins and anti-fungals. We produce and sell intermediates, active pharmaceutical ingredients and finished dosage forms.
We stand proudly at the centre of modern healthcare, as a maker of essential and life-saving medicines.
With our commitment to Quality, Reliability and Sustainability at the heart of everything we do, our over 2700 employees work continuously to meet our customers’ needs. We work towards a sustainable future by actively participating in the fight against antimicrobial resistance.
Founded 150 years ago as the ‘Nederlandsche Gist- en Spiritusfabriek’, our company was known as Gist Brocades and more recently DSM Sinochem Pharmaceuticals. Headquartered in Rotterdam (Netherlands), we have production facilities and sales offices in China, India, the Netherlands, Spain, Egypt, the United States and Mexico. Centrient Pharmaceuticals is wholly owned by Bain Capital Private Equity, a leading global private investment firm.
The Global Communications department has a vacancy in the Rotterdam office for the following position:
Senior External Communications Manager
The Global Communications team plays a key role in the business through impactful communication that supports the company in the delivery of its business strategy, protects and grows the reputation of its corporate brand, and strengthens the relevance of its product brands.
A wide-ranging network of contacts, both within and outside the organization, is required to achieve these Communications goals. With the growing influence of the general public on the license to operate of companies and the increasing impact of Digital on corporate reputation, a professional, pro-active and agile Communications function becomes vital.
The Senior External Communications Manager reports to the Global Director Branding & Communications and will play a key role in communication targeted at external audiences, covering the areas of Media & Public Relations and Marketing Communications, including Digital.
The main activities and responsibilities
Managing external communications for the global business:
- Developing and executing the Centrient Pharmaceuticals’ external communications strategies, including Media & Public Relations (working with mainstream and pharmaceutical/healthcare media) and Marketing Communications, including Digital, for Centrient Pharmaceuticals globally.
- Leading and executing the Social Media strategy and campaigns, in close alignment with the Communications teams in the regional business units.
- Leading the building and launch of a new corporate website, with support of a web agency.
- Managing external communication channels, tools and content (like the corporate website and global social media channels) and providing guidance on further innovative and creative development of these channels.
- Building and supporting relationships with all key international media.
- Directing and managing multiple external suppliers providing Communications support, such as our PR and web agencies.
- Monitoring progress with regards to Public Relations and Social Media campaign deliverables, and delivering within budget and deadlines.
- Developing and executing crisis and issues management aligned with Centrient Pharmaceuticals’ communication structure.
This includes building awareness and recognition of the recently launched Centrient Pharmaceuticals brand through leadership and company profiling in mainstream media, pharmaceutical/healthcare media and blogposts.
The Ideal Candidate
- A bachelor or university degree in Communications.
- 7 -10 years of experience in a comparable Communications role in a regulated, international and corporate environment, ideally in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with developing strong communications strategies, methods and tools in general and the ability to translate these to DSP’s needs and purposes.
- Expert knowledge of the latest digital and social media technology and channels.
- Experience in issues and crisis communication.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level proficiency/near-native in English.
- Strong skills in managing several, complex projects simultaneously.
- Good understanding of the generic pharmaceuticals’ market and health industry.
- Proven experience in Media and Public Relations and relevant network in the pharmaceutical and/or health industry at industry and public level.
Personal characteristics: communicative, networker, team player, flexible, diplomatic, hands on mentality, cope with high pressure, professional, representative, persuasive, pro-active and culturally sensitive.
Terms and reward
We offer a fulltime employment contract in a dynamic environment with a competitive salary and employment conditions.
Please submit your application before August 16, 2019 and upload your resume and cover letter in English. We also ask you to include information on your current remuneration. Only applications with resume and cover letter will be considered.
For more detailed information about the role feel free to contact Alice Beijersbergen, Global Director Communications & Branding, +31 (0)6 8235 7956. For more information about the recruitment & selection process you can contact the HR department via [email protected] We invite you to visit our website www.centrient.com for information about our company.
A reference check procedure is part of the Centrient recruitment & selection process. You will be contacted when a reference check is required.
Acquisition in regard to this vacancy is not appreciated